Admission Requirements and Application Procedures
- A Bachelor of Science degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) is required for entry into the graduate program.
- Domestic students are required to take the GRE.
- International students residing in the U.S. must take the GRE. A minimum cumulative GRE score of 300 between the verbal and quantitative is required. A GRE score of at least 150 on the verbal section must be achieved. The minimum TOEFL score of 577 for the paper-based test, 233 for the computer-based test, 90 for the internet-based test, 7.0 (IELTS), or evidence of a degree from a U.S. University is required.
- If English is not a student's primary language then the TOEFL exam is required.
- If you would like to apply the graduate credits earned in this certificate program towards a Master's degree you will need to apply to and be accepted by the Graduate School as a M.S. degree seeking student before you complete 9 hours of credit.
Application Procedures and Deadlines
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Official transcripts of all previous work.
- A short statement of objectives
- No application fee
- IF the student resides in the United States, but is not a United States resident or citizen, then an Affidavit of Financial Support must be completed and sent in with the application packet.
- Application submission for the fall semester is April 15.
- Application submission for the spring semester is September 15.
Once you have submitted the required application materials, the food science graduate faculty will review your credentials. Upon approval you will be assigned an advisor. Your file will then be forwarded to the Graduate School to review your official transcripts, verify that you have a valid degree from an accredited institution, and will determine final approval into the graduate program. Please allow at least 8 weeks for your application materials to be processed.
- Tuition is a fixed amount for all students. Current cost per credit hour is $515 for Spring and Summer 2015. The cost per credit hour will increase to $530 in Fall 2015. Books and other course materials are not included in the credit hour fee.
- A minimum of 12 graduate credit hours from approved courses must be completed.
Note: College tuition typically increases each fall semester.