Student Learning Outcomes
The College of Agriculture has developed specific outcomes to evaluate students on specific skills developed during their education at Kansas State University.
Food Science and Industry Graduates will have demonstrated:
Students will demonstrate a depth of knowledge and apply methods of inquiry in the following Food Science core competency areas:
a. Food chemistry and analysis
b. Food Safety and microbiology
c. Food processing and engineering
d. Applied Food Science
- Critical Thinking
Students will demonstrate the ability to apply critical thinking skills, such as the ability to access and interpret information, respond and adapt to changing situations, make complex decisions, solve problems, and evaluate actions within the Food Science discipline.
Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with audiences of varying food science knowledge and background.
Students will demonstrate awareness and understanding of the skills necessary to live and work in a diverse world.
- Academic and Professional Integrity
Students will demonstrate awareness, understanding, and commitment to the highest standards of academic and professional integrity and ethical values.
Graduate Student Learning Outcomes - Ph D. and M. S. in Food Science - March 2018
- Students will demonstrate advanced knowledge and competency in an area of emphasis offered by the Food Science Graduate Program.
- Students will collect, analyze, and/or interpret data as it relates to the scholarship of the students' areas of emphasis.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge through critical thinking, inquiry, analysis, and communication to produce scholarly and creative works in the form of an original oral scientific presentation, doctoral dissertation, or master's thesis/report and passing an oral exam.
- Students will demonstrate awareness of their responsibilities (professional integrity, ethical behavior, etc.) and commit to the highest standards of academic and professional integrity and ethical values.