Some of the Food Science Club activities include:
- Bi-monthly meeting or event
- Tours of various food industries
- Trips to the Institute of Food Technologists meeting at the local and national levels
- Participation in various fund raising activities
- Holiday dinner/party in December
- Attend Kansas City IFT/Phi Tau Sigma Awards Tea in the spring
- Participate in Regional and National team competitions like the College Quiz Bowl,
Dairy Products Judging Team, and Product Development Team
- Participate in on-campus activities such as the Watermelon Feed and Open House.
Current Fall and Spring Activities
- Fall fundraiser - Food Science Institute shirt sales
- College of Agriculture Watermelon Feed
- Excellence in Food Science - includes a seminar presentation in the afternoon and
picnic in the evening
- Holiday Party
- All University Open House - held during the spring semester, gives students the opportunity
to promote the College of Agriculture and Food Science
- Food Science Quiz Bowl - both undergraduate and graduate students may participate.
Students compete against other universities such as University of Minnesota, University
of Nebraska, and Iowa State University. In March 2008, the quiz bowl team placed 3rd
in the Quiz Bowl competition Dallas.
- Career Fair
- Food company information sessions