Food Science Institute Connections
- Phi Tau Sigma
- Institute of Food Technologists
- Institute of Food Technologists Student Association
- International Association of Food Protection
- Research Chefs Association
- Biosecurity Research Institute
- American Association of Cereal Chemists International
The Food Science Institute hosted the Kansas City Section of the Institute of Food Technologists. Dr. Bob Hutkins from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln spoke about the role of prebiotics and probiotics in maintaining gut health. Dr. Maureen Olewnik spoke about the K-State's Global Food System program.
Dr. Bob Hutkins, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
The following students were recognized as scholarship winners:
KC-IFT 2018 student scholarship
|Joseph Zayas scholarship||National Beef Packing Company students of the year|
Yanting Shen, Ph.D.
|Karthik Sajith Babu, Ph.D. candidate||Bennett Uhl, Undergraduate|
Danny Unruh, Graduate
We thank Dr. Sara Gragg for serving as President of KC-IFT this past year and wish incoming President-elect Julie Ruttan, alum of our program, all the best for 2018-19.